Tuesday, April 7, 2009
My childhood home...
This is the house I grew up in. It is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I LOVED this house. It was nice and big (at least I thought it was big). It had a big backyard and we even used to have an above ground pool. Later we took the pool out and my mom had a great garden in its place. We had a swing set when I was little and it rocked back and forth (it was NOT in the ground). My brother Guy even proposed to his lovely wife Christa in that backyard. We had a front living room that we had most of our Christmas's in. We would always get a real tree and put all of our childhood ornaments on it and listen to Christmas music. I shared a bedroom with my sister until my oldest sister that is 10 years older than me went to college. Eventually I was the only one left in the house with my mom and I had the room you can see in the picture that is in the front of the house. That room was big with a walk in closet and a bathroom. I also in that room had a California King waterbed. I LOVED that bed. I had it until I moved to Arizona. That was the best thing while I was pregnant. I would just catch a wave right out of the bed when I got big! This was also the house I met Stephen in. I was friends with his cousin and she and Stephen and their cousin Guy came to the house and I thought he was really cute. I had just turned 15! Amazing that now we are getting married! I left the house when my mom got married when I was I think 17. That was SO hard. I really had a tough time leaving. That was the only house I had known. When I visit Albuquerque I like to drive by the house but it is still hard at times with all the memories. Today a friend that still lives in the neighborhood sent this picture of the house to me on my phone. It looks pretty much the same and it brought back so many memories of growing up! Click on the picture to make it bigger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Remember when Aubrey and Jerry and I went to live there for the summer? Aubrey would go skinny dipping in the back yard. I slept in that water bed too. I remember when Jerry used to drive up and sit outside the house and look at the house just because I was in it. I remember when he came to the door after I hadn't seen him in two years. I remember kissing boys through the screen of that front window. I remember the horrible wallpaper in the kitchen. I remember sitting at the kitchen table after school and laughing my head off at Guy. I remember the day Rikki-Tikki died in the living room. *sigh*
I remember everything you described about that house. We had some good times. Sleepovers, toilet papering, swimming, Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
"Memories are Made of This"
Take them with you always and forever. Keep the people close with whom you share them.
Love,
Mom/Grander/Cindy
Oh I love that house too! My second home.....I still pass by it too when I go to ABQ. I din't realize you met Stephen that long ago.
I remember all of these things. The house does not look big or nice from the outside. But it was nice on the inside, and quite big, even by todays standards. A whole head full of memories.......
manda
Post a Comment