Friday, January 1, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Things From 2009...

1. My boyfriend/fiance, Stephen Gomez. I don't know what I would do without him. He is not only the love of my life, but he is my better half. He makes me happy and treats me like a woman should be treated (like a princess). He is always there to help me. He helped me so much with my homework this past semester and he never complains always saying my education comes first. I can't wait to be his wife!
2. Getting good grades at Arizona State University. Almost got straight A's. 1 B+, 1 A, and 2 A+. GPA of 3.9. I should be accepted into Phi Alpha which is the National Honor Society for social work students.
3. HOUSE-That show makes me laugh, makes me cry, and makes me think about relationships. It is riveting TV. I stole this picture from my sisters blog. House is in her top 10 as well!

4. Cuddling with my dog Charlie. He keeps me warm at night and always knows when I'm sick or sad. When I cry he cuddles me and licks my face. When I am sick he lies on my lap and keeps me warm (especially now that I have Bacterial Pneumonia). He is always happy to see me and loves me regardless.
5. Losing almost 40 pounds. I don't want to do a before and after shot yet because I want to lose another 50 pounds before my wedding (1/7/11). Wait til you see me in that gorgeous white wedding gown! Seeing my mom and step dad lose an amazing amount of weight has been just as wonderful! They both look fantastic.
6. My sisters
7. My cats
8. Going to Las Vegas with my boyfriend/family.
9. Living through a potentially fatal illness. I survived having multiple Pulmonary Embolisms (blood clots) in both my lungs and was in the hospital for 8 days. Though I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life, I am SO thankful to be alive!
10. My son that I placed for adoption said that I am, "The best birth mother in the whole entire solar system". That made me cry with joy and made me feel like a million bucks. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Great top ten. I especially like how Charlie acts when you are sick or sad. He is your Familiar like they have in Harry Potter.