Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Albuquerque July 2010

The trip to Albuquerque was very emotional and exhausting. It was hard to see my Grandpa ("Gramper") so ill. He has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and is on Hospice. It was hard to console him while he was crying because he could not remember people/things and he thought he would never remember anything. We had some great moments though that I will treasure and his smile is priceless. When I brought him chocolate he lit up like a little boy! Here are some pictures of my week stay...

Kim and I. She took one of us that is really cool (it shows that she and I have the same blue eye color!). When I get it, I will post it later:

On the way home. Those darn windmills!:

Big gorgeous flowers that were on the Temple grounds:

The beautiful Sandia Mountains:

The Albuquerque Temple:

Me wearing a necklace with the wedding ring Gramper wore when Grander (my Grandma) was alive:

Mom and Gramper:

Gramper and I:

Gramper sleeping in his chair. He often fell asleep while watching TV:

Gramper about to eat dinner. He had a big boy bib!:

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

These are priceless. Thank you for all you did while you were there. That was very selfless.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. got anymore?
manda