I am in a severe Fibromyalgia flare right now so I thought it would be appropriate to share some things. I came across a video a few weeks ago that was very interesting about Fibromyalgia and chronic pain. It is a long video but worth watching. If you know anyone with Fibromyalgia or chronic pain you should watch this video. Since you are reading this blog post you most likely know me so that means you should be watching this video!! I worry often that since fibro can't be seen, people think I am being lazy, overreacting, making excuses, or complaining too much. Those are usually people that are not educated about fibro and what I am actually experiencing. There are many many people with fibro that are on disability and in bed on a daily basis. I am thankful I am not that severe. I try not to complain and then people think I am doing ok. Most do not know what my life is really like. I just want to educate as I am sitting here with leg pain, knee pain, hip pain, side pain, rib/sternum pain, arm pain, back pain, and a migraine. The "fibro fog" is so bad I had to email my professor to have her explain a sentence in a paper I have to write. It took me 20 minutes to write it. I don't understand anything that I understood a few days ago. I can't spell (thank goodness for spell check). My professor is giving me an extension on the paper if I need it even though it isn't due until December 8th. She is educated about fibro and totally understands. That is great! Being too active, not getting enough sleep (I have a sleep disorder), and stress are major triggers for a fibro flare. My sister and step dad have chronic pain so some of the video relates to them as well but it focuses on Fibromyalgia.
You can click on the video to get to it directly on youtube if you want to see it in fullscreen.
No comments:
Post a Comment