Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Break...

I had a full and busy winter break. I go back to school on Tuesday and back to my internship on Wednesday. This is my last semester and commencement is May 13th! I got very sick for about 3-4 weeks but I didn't let it slow me down. I have been doing a study for the National Institute of Health on migraine headaches. I have done 4 phone interviews so far and still have a few more left. They ask just about everything you can think of about my health including mental and physical. They also ask about my family history. It has been very interesting.

Brian and I are sending out Engagement Announcements! It's a little different but it was a spur of the moment kind of thing that we thought would be fun. The picture was taken on our way to Sedona in mid December. We hit some snow and thought it was pretty so we took some pictures. We also amazingly got snow here in Mesa. It was incredible. It snowed pretty hard for about 10 minutes. Very unusual event for us. Brian and I have been trying to plan as much of the wedding stuff as possible because we are going to be so busy with school. We have booked the reception center. It is at a country club at a golf course. It has a big dance floor and the country club will cater it buffet style. We will have the ring ceremony there before the reception starts. It's been fun helping my bridal party (sisters and nieces) pick out dresses for the wedding! I found the best shoes for me and fun jewelry for my bridal party. The date is Friday July 8th.

Brian's Mom did something very nice. She flew us out to Utah to spend time with family the beginning of January. She was nice enough to let us spend a few days with my siblings and their families then we stayed at her house for a few days. We had a great time but oh man it was freezing. I took so many pictures but I will just include a few.

I want to remind you to check out the blog 'Blessings In A Basket'. I wrote a post titled 'Journaling'. You can get to it from my blog under 'My Favorite Sites' (click on Ashley's BIB Blog).

Snow in Mesa

Lexi wearing Uncle Brian's hat

Madison also wearing Uncle Brian's hat

Alli dancing for us

Alli and her Uncle Brian

Sierra and I being silly

Madison and Sierra with their Uncle Brian. All my nieces absolutely LOVE Brian. They can't stop talking about him. He loved them too.

Brian and I in front of the Salt Lake City Temple. Brian's Mom took us to Temple Square and it was beautiful. I love it there. We also went to two other Temples that day. I think it was about 10 degrees at that point.

Quote of the day: "Love fills the moment and the moment begins eternity". I think I would like to add this to our wedding announcement. Brian and I started working on it this weekend.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Oh saddness that I didn't getr to see you while you were here. Too bad I live on the wrong side of the valley...I will just have to wait and meet Brian at the wedding. And YES I will be going!I got your engagement announcement..Loved it! You timed your wedding perfectly..Miranda is having a major sugery on her legs on the 12th of July..so I will be home bound after that for a month or two.
And SNOW in Mesa? CRAZY!!!