Monday, December 1, 2008

Corpse...

Today I got to see a cadaver. I even got to put on gloves and touch all his organs. I got to actually take his heart out of his body and explore it. He had a feeding tube in and when looking at his removed ribs there were wires from a previous open heart surgery. He didn't have any eyes or a brain just an empty skull. His skin was thick and leathery and it was the worst smell I have ever smelled but I handled it well. Plus he was a leg amputee which brings me to my quotation of the day: "I have no idea who's leg this is." Said by my anatomy teacher when there was some random leg next to the stump of the man's body. It was just a full leg up to the hip just lying there. It was really funny. The hip bone was sticking out so I got to touch it. I appreciate the old man for donating his body to science. I also appreciate the leg for donating it's leg to science!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so gross! I totally would've puked but you already know that!

Kimberly said...

totally cool. do you get to do it again? and that was the "quotation of the day" of the day.

Anonymous said...

awesome! thanks for the details-you knew I would love it!
manda

Anonymous said...

AH, the joys of higher education.

MOM