As you know my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me on Monday and to put it mildly, it has been hard. I have the World's BEST family and friends. The amount of love and support I have received has been incredible. One thing that I can count on that will never hurt me is my family. This includes my siblings. They are my rocks and my glimmer of hope when everyone else has let me down. They will never let me down or leave me. I don't know what I would do without them. With them comes their equally amazing spouses. For example, my sister-in-law Christa. The night Stephen broke up with me, she emailed me after I cried on the phone with her. Here is some of that email:
"You are a beautiful girl. There will be someone out there who ADORES you and for whom you will be their everything! Let's find him! Just remember that you do not need another person (boyfriend) to make you happy. There are so many reasons you have to be happy just as you are. Give yourself time to be sad about Stephen and then also plan for the time when you are ready to move on and be happy without him. That was when I felt most at peace with my life situation was when I realized I was happy being single and enjoyed the freedom it gives you. It can be a fun time of life. That is also when I found myself dating more than I had in the past and when I met the perfect man for me - your sweet brother! You need someone as good as Guy! :) Until you find him I will share him with you - call him whenever you want"!
That is what I needed to read that night. My sister Kimberly posted a video on her blog that was supposed to make a person laugh but instead made me cry literally like the little girl in the video. I completely understood how this little girl felt but of course on a deeper level. It is called "I only like Stephen". Ironic name don't you think? Here it is:
I look forward to the day that I meet the man that is truly worthy of me and that deserves me! ;) At least I keep being told he is out there! Thank you to everyone for helping me get through this hard time.
4 comments:
love you!
So this is what I miss by not being on facebook for a week or so?!? I'm sorry my sweet little sis. It just means he wasn't good enough for you though. i agree with Krista. Wear that push up bra with pride and enjoy life! And may the force be with you:)
and how did your laprascopy go? Like I said I haven't been on facebook so if you gave details there I didn't get them....
OK - this made me tear up. So cute AND so absolutely sad. You have to love the pure raw emotions of little girls! (and often big girls as well.)hang in there Auntie April. We all love you and can't wait to see how this new opportunity in life turns out for you!
Post a Comment