Monday, May 11, 2009

Lupus Anticoagulant Disorder...

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Lupus Anticoagulant Disorder. Patients with a lupus anticoagulant disorder are prone to blood clots, excess bleeding, and repeated miscarriages. Persons with these antibodies may have an abnormally high risk of blood clotting. This is probably one of the reasons why I had the Pulmonary Embolisms. I may need to be on blood thinners the rest of my life. I see the hematologist on Friday May 22nd to find out more. Lupus Anticoagulant can result in serious complications, including heart attack, stroke, or pulmonary embolism. The doctors office said it doesn't mean that I have lupus but there is still a chance that I do have lupus. As of now I am not worried about having lupus. I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

RyDeb.White said...

I'm so glad we can keep in contact. Blogging is awesome like that:) I'm sorry you have to go through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers, I wish I could do more to help!
(hugs)

Don and Sandy said...

I hope it turns out that you don't have Lupus. I will remember you in my prayers. Tomorrow is the 2 year date of Mike's passing. You can go to Melanies blog and read the tributes if you like.
I appreciate your comments on my blog.
I wish you the best.
Sandy