I am finally writing a blog post! Yes, I realize the last one was back in February. Life has been a bit crazy. The last semester of college was hard but rewarding. I worked harder than I ever thought I would have to. I loved my internship and I learned an incredible amount. The end of the semester was a shock on so many levels. I made it through though with a 4.0 GPA. I graduated in Phi Alpha Honors Society (Social Work National Honors Society). I also graduated Magna Cum Laude!! Walking across that stage felt incredible. It was hard to imagine that three years of college had come to an end and I had my degree. I can now say that I graduated from Arizona State University and I have a degree in Social Work!
 |
| My graduation announcement |
 |
| My Phi Alpha Medallion. The front says Phi Alpha Honors Society. It is sitting on my cap. |
 |
| The back says April E. Morgan, Arizona State University, 2011 |
 |
| About to leave for graduation. I'm wearing my gown, Phi Alpha medallion, and honors cords from graduating Magna Cum Laude. |
 |
| This time I remembered to put on my cap and tassel. | |
 |
| My Mom in the hall at my graduation pointing to my name on the Dean's List. |
 |
| My Phi Alpha National Honor Society Certificate | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Needs no words other than perfect. :) |
 |
| My official diploma! It arrived a few weeks ago. |
 |
| This is the diploma holder that I was given when I crossed the stage at graduation. It was empty then. |
 |
| It is no longer empty!! |
 |
| It was SO worth it! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Since graduation it has been just as busy. Just a different kind of busy. I have been looking for a job and Brian is doing a paid internship! I as well as happy helpers have been very busy getting ready for the big day. It has been stressful yet incredibly fun and rewarding! We are getting married in 9 days! The past 14 months with Brian have been wonderful. Knowing that we have eternity to look forward to gives me a peaceful/calming feeling. I love my dress so much and I am glad it is done being altered. It was hard to imagine it being done when I bought it. It was sleeveless then. I had a good time with Brian getting his and the guy's tuxes picked out. It will be great to see so much family next week! It is a rare thing for all of us to be together. I had a fantastic bridal shower a few weeks ago. My family, friends, and future in laws are so thoughtful. I was going to post pictures but several of them are pictures of me holding different articles of lingerie that I was given. I don't want Brian to see them yet of course!
 |
| Our wedding announcement photo |
 |
| I dyed my hair brown soon after our announcement photo. It is MUCH better brown. I do not miss the red one bit! |
 |
| The front of our wedding announcement photo |
 |
| The inside of our wedding announcement photo |
Family, wedding, ring ceremony, reception, beautiful hotel, more time with family, and then the next week we will be on our honeymoon. Cool temperatures, horseback riding, and time with my HUSBAND!! Thank you all for helping me along the difficult road to get here. My happiness! The future April E. McCoy. :) I promise not to wait so long between updates. Wedding photos will be posted ASAP.
2 comments:
This is fantastic! I am soooo proud of you my future wife! Love you lots and can't wait to be in the temple with you!
Welcome back April! What an amazing few months you've had (are having....) Those are some amazing accomplishments! You go girl!!!
Post a Comment