LOVE FILLS THE MOMENT AND THE MOMENT BEGINS ETERNITY.
JULY 8th, 2011
Our entire family came together a few days before the wedding! I was able to have a girls night 2 nights before the wedding. We stayed in one of the gorgeous 2 room Marriott Villas. My nieces really enjoyed my Mom and Step-fathers swimming pool every chance they got. The night before the wedding we had a family dinner at my Mom and Step-fathers house. It was great to see so many people gathered together becoming one big family! Some of us were able to watch the video that Brian made. He took pictures from our computers and scanned a lot of pictures (I did quite a lot of scanning actually). He put them together by age going back and forth between us (5 of him then 5 of me). He added great music and I believe it was around 25 minutes long. This video was played on repeat during our wedding reception but of course without the music due to us having a DJ.
The wedding day was absolutely wonderful! The heat was not so great. I am thankful for everyone who put up with the heat during pictures outside the Temple. The ring ceremony was beautiful. Walking down the aisle with my Dad and Step-Dad will be a moment forever in my heart. My brother-in-law made it short and sweet. He made me cry, smile, and laugh. That is when you know it was great! The reception was a total blast. I can't even go over it all in words. I will just have to post some pics.
The wedding night and the next night, Brian and I stayed at the Marriott Villas that I mentioned earlier. The day after the wedding, Brian and I met with family to open gifts. Later that night we met with my Dad to look at some of my Grandfather Morgan's things. He sadly passed away 6 days before the wedding. We sat and talked about my Grandfather and all the good memories of him growing up! The next day was Sunday. Brian and I went to church with his Mom then left on our honeymoon. We went to Flagstaff and it was nice and cool. We went from 110 degrees to 70 degrees or less. It was gorgeous. I would be writing for a long time if I wrote everything that has been going on since just before we got married. We have been married for almost 3 months and oh boy....I love my husband very much!!
 |
| Four of my nieces. Totally adorable! |
 |
| Mesa LDS Temple. This is where Brian and I got married. |
 |
| After we got married. Picture of loved ones who were able to attend either inside the Temple or waiting for us outside. |
 |
| This is beautiful. |
 |
| Our wedding rings. Bands of eternity! |
 |
| Of course I had to wear flip flops (at least they were white), they had lots of bling. ;) I had a diamond rhinestone toe ring, french pedicure (full set french fingernails), and my something blue was an anklet with blue rhinestones and a heart dangling down! |
 |
| My niece Rebekah took this. I love that she did everything in black and white except for my eyes! |
 |
| Again with the black and white except for my eyes! |
 |
| The tables at my reception. They were not completely done yet. We had little cards with poems about ringing the bell if they wanted us to kiss. I also made all those centerpieces!! :) |
 |
| My handsome husband. I think I did a good job picking out all the guys vests, ties, and all the flowers! Brian looks slick. ;) |
 |
| A memory vase I found that we had at our reception. It is in honor of Brian's father. He passed away 6 years ago. We had a memory table set up in his honor. The vase says: In loving Memory, these flowers bloom as a symbol of a life and love remembered. |
 |
| Here is the vase again filled with white roses. There was also a shadow box with pictures and his obituary. A photo album made by Brian's Mom was on the table as well. |
 |
| Our unity candle. It's a great picture showing one of the tables and our uplighting in the background. |
 |
| Another good picture of our unity candle. If you haven't noticed, our colors were maroon and white and our theme was hearts! |
 |
| My funny bridesmaids were trying to balance their bouquets on their palms. I don't know where my Matron of Honor was (my oldest sister). |
 |
| The entire wedding party. (4 Bridesmaids, Matron of Honor, 4 Flower girls which were my nieces, 3 Groomsmen, and Best Man!) The arch is where the ring ceremony was. The chairs were moved back to the tables and after the pictures the arch was removed. Soon after, the reception started and that area was the dance floor! |
 |
| It's all about the BRIDE!!! |
 |
| My brother Guy and I! He is seriously funny. My siblings and I are always doing something goofy. Oh, my bouquet was my dream bouquet. It had Casablanca Lillies, Ruby Red roses, baby's breath, and greens. It was wrapped in white satin ribbon and had satin buttons all the way down the ribbon. It smelled amazing! |
 |
| This is priceless. My Dad is on my right side and my Step-Dad is on my left. |
 |
| My Mom and I! |
 |
| A close up of our cake. I put this ribbon together. I glued the 'Happily Ever After' ribbon to the maroon ribbon and brought it to the bakery! If you look close above the ribbon you can see the little hearts in the frosting. They did a lot of detailing to my liking. |
 |
| I wanted a yummy drink at the reception. This is what I asked for and I got it. The Country Club took care of everything. It is lime sherbet and 7up!! Love it. |
 |
| Our amazing wedding cake! |
 |
| Brian and I got these napkins made. They were either passed out when glasses were filled for the toasts or when the cake was served. They were probably used for the cake. |
 |
| We are so cute. Brian and I during our first dance. Me in my flip flops and Brian was only wearing socks. I didn't even notice until I saw this picture. |
 |
| These are 2 of my nieces picking up rose petals after the ring ceremony. I love the black and white with only certain things colored. My niece did that to several pictures and they are amazing. |
 |
| A close up of some flowers on our wedding cake. I picked out all the flowers for the cake and brought them to the bakery. I tried to get them to match. I found some that looked like my lillies and found some maroon lillies. There are several others that really tie it all together! The cake tasted amazing though and I didn't have anything to do with that. ;) |
 |
| A close up of our cake topper. I spent a lot of time finding the perfect stuff. I found this and knew. It is gorgeous in every way. The internet can be great. Our cake knife, server, guest book, pen, card holder, and 2 champagne flutes all match the cake topper material/style. I was lucky to find them all! |
 |
| We also got a sheet cake to serve to guests first. It was so pretty. I love the maroon hearts on the top. On the sides there are also the little white hearts. |
 |
| Fantastic picture of the unity candle after it got dark and the lights were turned down. |
 |
| This was our first dance as husband and wife! I love this picture because it shows the screen in the background playing Brian's video that he made. Toward the end this picture comes up. I had this saying typed at the top of our wedding announcement. 'Love fills the moment and the moment begins eternity'. |
 |
| Aubrey and Rebekah. They are my two oldest nieces. They crack me up. They put the napkins from the reception table around their heads. Gangsta! |
 |
Taken just outside the Temple not long after we got married. Such happiness and love! He is a piece of me that was missing. It's amazing how good it feels to truly be in love and be loved!! :)
Next time around I will post a bit about our honeymoon. We went site seeing and saw some cool things! We also went to Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend. I know I am really behind. I will try to catch up. |
|
2 comments:
Great summary of a wonderful wedding and a great time together. Congratulations!
Amanda
I finally got around to looking at your blog post. This is lovely and is a good documentation of the event. Yay! You gorgeous thing you.
Post a Comment